Saturday, June 30, 2012
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Wednesday, June 13, 2012
Tuesday, June 12, 2012
The Senior Supdt. Of POs,
Palakkad Postal Division.
No.NFPE/Misc dated @ Palakkad 678001, the 12.06.2012
The Executive Committee meeting of our union held on 09.06.2012 discussed the problems prevailing in our division and resolved to submit a memorandum highlighting the following issues.
1. Building Cases : The lease deeds of rented Post office buildings in Palakkad postal division are not renewed in time and no effort is made to find out suitable alternative buildings. This results in unfavourable relationship between the land lords and PO staff. In some cases, the landlords abuse the department and the staff before the customers. Pallipuram PG, Koduvayur & Nurani POs building cases are the cases which require urgent attention.
2. Rotational transfer : As discussed many times before, the 2012 rotational transfer order has created some avoidable hardships to our staff. These issues can be resolved early which will create a peaceful atmosphere in our division. The cases already pointed out by us may be settled suitably.
3. Problems of System Administrators : Recent unilateral decision at divisional level to reduce the number of SAs is unjust & highhanded, comparing the same task being handled by the SAs of other Divisions in the same Region. Status quo should be maintained for avoiding unwarranted criticisms from higher-ups in implementing the present & future technology projects of the Department and to maintain the technology advancement already achieved by the Division in the Circle. Moreover, it is not fair to believe that reducing one SA from Technology pool will contribute towards the total staff shortage of the Division.
4. Speedpost Hub : The proposed Speed Post hub at Palakkad should be manned and managed by RMS considering the acute staff shortage existing in our Division.
5. Victimisation for delay in delivery of postal articles: As you are well aware, all possible efforts are made by our delivery staff to deliver articles with utmost responsibility. Definitely we can improve weak areas if any, by constant monitoring. But now it is reported that action to penalise officials is underway. Victimisation is in no way agreeable and will not deliver any good at all. The proposed action will hamper the congenial atmosphere in our division since the delay is not due to the fault of the officials.
We request you to refrain from the casual and lethargic approach towards problems and take immediate action to settle the above issues failing which we will be compelled to resort to trade union action.
Divisional Secretary Divisional Secretary Divisional Secretary
AIPEU Group C NFPE AIPEU Postman,MTS/GroupD AIPEU GDS (NFPE)
Palakkad Palakkad Palakkad
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 6:05 AM