Tuesday, December 24, 2013
ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION Group C
PALAKKAD DIVISION, PALAKKAD 678001
P3/Dlg dt 23/12/13
The Senior Superintendent of Post Offices,
The Annual Performance appraisal Reports (APAR) for the period 01.04.12 to 31.03.2013 are received by the employees on 18.12.13. We are receiving widespread complaints from staff side regarding the dismal numerical grading awarded to them in the APAR. We have really taken a back to know the serious lapses in the area of employee assessment. We have made the following observations on the effort put forth in the maintenance and preparations of APAR.
1. In the DOPT OM No.21011/1/2005-Estt(A) (Pt-II) dated 14.05.2009 a Supreme court judgement was quoted as reference in which, the objective of writing the confidential report and making the entries was stated to give an opportunity for the public servant to improve his/her performance.
But you have used the APAR to intimidate and demoralize a major section of employees by giving low marks compared to that given by your predecessors. This will only help in creating an antipathy towards work by the employees which is against the essence of the relevant govt order cited above.
2. In the Annexure –I of the same order, detailing the guidelines regarding filling up of APAR with numerical grading, it is clearly stated that the columns in the APAR should be filled with due care and attention after devoting adequate time.
It is seen that the exercise was carried out in a hasty ,irresponsible and inadvertent manner by putting the numerical grades as 0.5 in all the attributes of the employee under Part III to arrive at an easy total of 5 to make the process easy. We understand that you have pooh- poohed all the DOPT orders in this regard and made the APAR maintenance a mere farce.
3. It is really surprising to note that no mark was awarded to some employees, citing the reason that you have not seen them or have little knowledge about them !. In certain cases, you have furnished that you could not personally review the work of the official and hence no comments or marks. This is a grave mistake. The apathy in understanding your employees is a clear example of dereliction of duty.
4. The inordinate delay in circulating the APAR for the period ending 31.03.2013 can not be justified .The time schedule prescribed in the Annexure III of DOPT OM No.21011/1/2005-Estt(A) (Pt-II) dated 23.07.2009 for various stages in preparation of APAR is not seen adhered to.
5. If the overall employee performance dipped at large during your stint as divisional head, comparing to the previous periods headed by others means, this alleged bad performance of the employees is due to your worst performance in divisional administration . This procedure of your grading is your self declaration that your are incompetent to manage the division.
It is pertinent to understand that, the overall front running of this division is not because your personal dictatorial command as SSP, instead , due to the dedicated and sincere effort of all including the poor GDS employees. All your efforts to belittle the dedication, love and sincerity of our employees towards the development of this department, will not be tolerated by us any more.
Therefore we urge you to take an immediate remedial steps in this regard to boost the morale and dignity of the employees , who are dejected at present .We demand cancellation of all such APARs and the entire process is to be re initialized to ensue the unqualified support of the employees in all the new ventures including business procurement.
AIPEU – Group C (NFPE) AIPEU – Group C (NFPE)
PALAKKAD 678001 PALAKKAD 678001
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 1:41 AM
Monday, December 23, 2013
PRADHISHEDHA SAYAHNAM was organised by NFPE in front of Divisional office at 5:30pm on 23.12.13 in protest against the anti employee stand by SSP, Palakkad. Com.Madhusudhanan welcomed the gathering and was critical about the recent low APAR grading awarded to almost all the employees belittling their dedication and sincerity towards work , which made this division achieve an enviable position in the circle.Com. Unnikrishnan Chazhiyad, president NFPE , chaired the meeting and told a letter will be sent to SSP by NFPE urging him to cancel all such APARs and initiate the process afresh.Com P.Shivadas circle president PIV warned the administration that division's performance will be in doldrums without co operation of employees and NFPE. The dignity and self respect of the conscience of all the postal workers rose against this dictatorial regime and made the event as a warning against the Superintendent.
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 7:51 AM
Thursday, December 19, 2013
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 8:57 AM
Hon’ble Supreme Court of India has ordered the Delhi High Court to decide the prayer of NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) in writ petition No. 1003 of 2013 to treat the three lakhs Gramin Dak Sevaks as civil servants for all purposes at par with other regular employees as per 1977 SC Judgment & to quash the GDS (Conduct & Engagement) Rules 2011.
IN THE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA
CIVIL ORIGINAL JURISDICTION
WRIT PETITION (CIVIL) NO. 1003 OF 2013
NATIONAL FED. OF POSTAL EMP. & ANR. Petitioner(s)
UNION OF INDIA Respondent(s)
O R D E R
This is a Writ Petition filed under Article 32 of the Constitution of India by the National Federation of Postal Employees and All India Postal Employees Union GDS (NEPE). The principal prayers in the Writ Petition are, (one) that a direction be issued to the respondent to treat the Gramin Dak Sevaks as Civil Servants for all purposes at par with the other regular members of the civil services and regular employees in relation to all service matters including the pension and all retiral benefits, and (two) the Department of Posts, Gramin Dak Sevaks (Conduct and Engagement) Rules, 2011 be declared invalid and unconstitutional.
2. Having regard to the controversy raised in the matter, we are satisfied that the grievance of the petitioners can be adequately considered by the High Court under Article 226 of the Constitution of India.
3. Since about three lakh persons serving as Extra Departmental Agents (Dak Sevaks) are concerned about the subject matter and they are spread all over the country, we are satisfied that to avoid multiplicity of proceedings in different High Courts, it would be appropriate that the matter is considered by one High Court.
4. We, accordingly, transfer this Writ Petition to the Delhi High Court for consideration.
5. The Registry shall transmit the record and proceedings of the Writ Petition to the Delhi High Court.
6. Upon receipt of the record and proceedings of the Writ Petition, the Registry of the Delhi High Court shall register the Writ Petition and proceed with the matter accordingly.
7. So far as this Court is concerned, Writ Petition stands disposed of.
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 8:52 AM
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 1:13 AM
Thursday, December 12, 2013
As per Health & Family (G) Dept,Govt of Kerala GO(P) No.144/2013/H & FWD dated 22.4.13 communicated vide RO letter No.A & P/12/Rlgs/P V dated 9.12.2013,the following private hospitals in Palakkad division have been recognized for treatment of Central Government employees.
Name of Hospital
Paalana Institute of Medical Sciences,Kannadi P O,Palakkad
Karuna Medical College Hospital,
Vilayodi, Chittur, Palakkad
Lakshmi Hospital, Chittur road,Palakkad
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 8:44 PM
Tuesday, December 10, 2013
Monday, December 9, 2013
DHANYA.NU, PA ALATHUR - ALUVA Dvn.
ASHA PA, MUTHALAMADA, - ERNAKULAM Dvn
ASHA PA, MUTHALAMADA, - ERNAKULAM Dvn
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 7:26 AM
Sunday, December 8, 2013
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 8:35 AM
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Sunday, December 1, 2013
NFPE & AIPEU GDS (NFPE) filed Writ Petition in the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India for implementation of the 1977 Judgment and grant of Civil Servant status to GDS
NFPE & AIPEU-GDS (NFPE) has filed a Writ Petition (Civil) No. 1003 of 2013 in the Hon’ble Supreme Court. The Writ Petition is likely to be listed for “ADMISSION HEARING” before the Hon’ble Supreme Court of India on 13.12.2013 or any day thereafter. Our main submission before the Hon’ble Supreme Court is implementation of the 1977 Judgment and grant of Civil Servant status and all other benefits of Departmental Employees to Gramin Dak Sewaks as per the 1977 judgment. Let us hope that the Writ Petition will be admitted.
Posted by NFPE PALAKKAD 678001 at 8:13 AM