ALL INDIA POSTAL EMPLOYEES UNION Group C
PALAKKAD DIVISION, PALAKKAD 678001
Bldgs/ dt 28/06/2013
Honourable Member of Parliament,
Sub : Construction of office building for koduvayur post office .
Your kind attention and an immediate intervention is solicited in the case of the Koduvayur Post office building whose lease agreement is already expired.
- The Koduvaur Post Office , which belongs to the Alathur parliamentary constituency, is an A class office under Palakkad Head Post office.
- The present building is highly unsuitable for a post office to function considering its dilapidated condition and risky upstairs. The rent now being paid is Rs.2700 for the 1000 sq ft space available there. The building owner is also not interested to renew the rent agreement considering rocketed rent rates in the locality.
- The present market rate for a building is about Rs.25 per square feet and availability of a suitable building for PO may still be difficult , considering the business activities in that place due the vegetable and cloth whole sale market.
- There are about ten leading banks functioning in Koduvayur and still considerable daily transactions are there on record with the post office.The importance of the post office escalates high in the panchayath, as thousands of Saving Bank accounts were recently opened in connection with the DBT schemes (Direct Benefit Transfer)
- The 13 cents in possession with the DOP is at a vantage location and kept idle now.
- Every year, Postal directorate issue orders of constructing new buildings for a few post offices as per plan on priority basis.
In the circumstances and the reasons cited above, it would be highly beneficial for the community supported by this koduvayur post office, if an own building is in place for its operations .So it is earnestly urged to take action towards building a suitable structure for PO in the post office land.
AIPEU Group C (NFPE)